What is Unshaved Hair Transplantation? How is it done?
Many people give up the procedure when they learn that the hair should be shaved after they decide to have a hair transplant procedure. It is quite normal that people who want to have a hair transplant do not want to go out in public with shaved hair.
Various methods have been tried to eliminate this problem that occurred before the hair transplant operation. The aim is to provide a comfortable process during and after the hair transplant application of the patients. It is very important for both the doctor and the patient to return to their social and business life in a short time.
What is Unshaved Hair Transplantation?
Unshaved hair transplantation is a method that can be applied using standard hair transplantation or DHI technique without the need to shave all of the hair. DHI has been a highly preferred method for hair transplantation recently. There are 2 different methods for unshaved hair transplantation.
How is Unshaved Hair Transplantation Performed?
1) Partially Shaved Hair Transplant
It is one of the methods used in unshaved hair transplantation. People who want a fuller look with their long hair and who need grafts under 2800 can be applied. In this application, it is necessary to shave in the area where the hair is taken.
The area on the back of the head between the two ears is trimmed as a rectangular window or a strip. With this shaving, the hair on the shaved area will cover the treated area after the operation. In order to apply this transplantation process, the hair must be longer than 6-7 cm. People with short hair need to grow their hair to be able to do this.
What Are the Positive Aspects of Partially Shaved Hair Transplantation?
- The hair length and hair style of the patient who has hair transplantation does not change before and after the procedure.
- Since the hair transplant operation will not be known, the patient can return to work and normal life in a short time.
- The healing process is also shorter as the transplanted graft is less in this process.
- After the procedure, the scabs of the donor area will be covered with hair, so the scabs will not be visible.
What are the Negative Aspects of Partially Shaved Hair Transplantation?
-This transplantation process is applied only to people with long hair.
Since the area opened is limited, the number of hair follicles that can be taken in one session is small.
- If the aperture is high, the hair transplantation process is applied in multiple sessions and these session intervals take 6 months.
Since the donor area is small, inexperienced doctors may damage the area.
The price of hair transplantation may be a little higher.
2) Completely Unshaved Hair Transplant
This can be done if more than a thousand grafts will be used in the hair transplant operation. In addition, the patient should have the following features.
• Their hair is open and sparse,
• Planting will be applied to a small area,
• If the transplantation is limited to a small area, this is a hair transplant method that gives more successful results.
The fact that hair follicles are taken with a semi-open cylindrical needle distinguishes this process from other hair transplantation methods. The needles used in the process are 0.7-0.95 mm in diameter and the cylindrical structure of this needle can be rotated in the direction of human control.
Hair body and root are taken inwards from the open-ended part of this needle. Following this, it is rotated so that the incision can reach 360 degrees. In this way, the skin that will keep the hair alive is completely separated. Then, depending on the patient's preference, the hair can be applied with DHI (Choi Implanter) tips between the hair for long hair transplantation.
It should not be forgotten that even if the hair is transplanted while it is long, there will be shock shedding. Then the hair will start to grow again.
What Are the Positive Aspects of Completely Unshaved Hair Transplantation?
- Hair is not shaved in any way.
- As in other unshaved hair transplantation procedures, it is important that the hair is long, but this length does not need to be 6-7 cm, this transplantation can be applied to patients with shorter hair.
- The area where the hair will be collected with other hair is covered and the area where the procedure is applied is not visible.
- Since a small number of hair follicles are transplanted in the process, recovery occurs in a short time.
What are the Negative Aspects of Completely Unshaved Hair Transplantation?
- It requires a lot of expertise and experience.
- There are fewer hair follicles that can be taken in a single session compared to FUE hair transplantation, but these numbers today satisfy those who have undergone hair transplantation operation.
- Likewise, shock spillage occurs after this procedure.
- It is a hair transplant method with a longer processing time.
- The price is slightly higher than other hair transplantation procedures.
Reasons to Choose Unshaved Hair Transplantation?
- Mostly women and men with long hair prefer unshaved hair transplantation.
- Especially for women, it is very difficult to cut their hair completely. They prefer this process to close the open area without shaving their hair.
- They prefer unshaved hair transplantation in order not to attract attention in social life and business life.
- Both self-confidence is unshakable and they continue their lives.
After Unshaved Hair Transplantation
After unshaved hair transplantation, it is almost the same as other hair transplantation applications. The hair transplant center doctor shares detailed information on how to wash and protect the hair. In this process, the doctor's recommendations should be taken into account.
The growth of the transplanted hair takes place naturally. New hair starts to grow in 3 months. It starts to increase after 6 months. Full results are seen after 1 year. After the whole process is over, the person will have the hair they want and can grow them as they wish.