Things You Need To Pay Attention To In Hair Loss And Hair Transplantation
Why Does Hair Loss?
Hair may fall out due to various reasons such as seasonal changes, hormone imbalance, iron or vitamin deficiency, genetic predisposition. Hair loss of approximately 50 to 100 pieces per day is considered normal in adult individuals.
Hair strands shed spontaneously every 4-6 years. Healthier hair grows from hair follicles. Excessive and constantly shedding hair can be the harbinger of serious diseases. At the same time, the causes of hair loss in men and women can vary.
In men, generally genetic factors lead to post-pubertal hair loss. Chronic stress, hormone disorders, unbalanced nutrition, various skin problems, cosmetic products and some medications can cause hair loss in women. There is an increase in hair loss in women during pregnancy, birth, breastfeeding and menopause.
How Can Hair Loss Be Prevented?
In the prevention of hair loss, it is of great importance to determine the main factors that cause hair loss. Different techniques can be applied in the treatment process recommended to be planned under the supervision of a dermatologist.
Cosmetic products such as shampoo, cream, etc. compatible with the scalp should be used. Regular eating habits and supplementation of missing hormones or vitamins in the body can reduce hair loss.
In hair loss that develops as a result of a chronic disease, a plan should be made for the treatment of the disease. However, drug treatment can be applied in direct proportion to the severity of hair loss. Alternative treatment methods such as hair care applications or hair transplantation are used to strengthen the hair.
What is Hair Transplant?
Hair transplantation is called hair transplantation for people who experience hair loss. Of course, this operation is carried out depending on some conditions. Experts decide which of the techniques will be appropriate in response to the patient's need.
As a result of the examinations to be made, hair structure, donor hair analysis and transplantation area analysis offer the way to be followed in the application of the doctor. In this way, the results of the hair transplant method will be mostly positive.
In hair transplantation, hair follicle transfer is made. The hair follicles taken are added to the spill area by medical methods. In this way, a situation that will pose a risk and cause difficulties for the patient does not occur. In this respect, it is very important that the operation is carried out in a completely sterile and professional environment.
What are Hair Transplant Methods and Techniques?
• In FUE hair transplantation technique known as Follicular Unit Extraction, the dexterity of the doctor is of great importance.
• A circular cut is made around the donor area with intact hair, follicles are removed from a small opening and roots are taken. This process is repeated until there are enough numbers to fill the space. The scars fade over time. For this reason, it is a frequently preferred method.
• Direct Hair Implantation is the DHI hair transplant method. It is a very new and successful method. However, the application should be done by a specialist. In this technique, also called Micro-FUE, punches with a diameter of 1 mm or less are used. Follicles are taken one by one in the donor area.
What Should Be Considered To Have A Hair Transplant?
Hair transplantation, which is one of the most popular operations of today, should not be looked at only aesthetically. In order to be a healthy application, the person who performs the procedure must have expertise. In addition, the choice of the hospital should be made carefully.
Lush and healthy hair is the desire of both women and men. Especially, hair transplantation comes to the rescue of men. Since mistakes made in hair transplantation procedures cannot be reversed, healthy and natural hair can be obtained as a result of the operation performed by experts.
What are the Points to Consider While Transplanting Hair?
• At least 70% of the hair should be shed
Those who want to have a hair transplant should have at least 70 percent of the hair shed in the area they want to transplant. Because performing a hair transplant operation on hairy areas negatively affects the success. Before the hair transplant operation, alcohol and smoking should be reduced or stopped. If he is using blood thinners, he should stop using the drug 15 days before, in consultation with his doctor.
• Personal Application Should Be Selected
The techniques used in hair transplant operations vary. Generally, techniques such as Fue Technique, DHI Technique, Unshaved Hair Transplantation Technique, Long Hair Fue Technique, Golden Tipped Fue Technique, Icegraft Technique are used in hair transplantation operation. All these techniques have to be planned individually.
The area with hair follicles and the area of baldness vary according to the person. Therefore, the same hair transplant technique is not applied to everyone. Care should be taken to choose a special technique for the hair, hair structure and expectation of the person.
• Attention To The Front Hairline
Doctors should design the anterior hairline in accordance with the person's head structure. This stage is the most important process to ensure the naturalness of the hair appearance after transplantation. Since the head structure of people varies from person to person, hair design is also made personally. Gender, age, facial features, forehead muscle and width of the area are also important for frontal hairline design.
What Should Be Considered After Hair Transplantation?
• Heavy work should never be done after the hair transplant operation. Intense work that will make you sweat should be avoided. Because if the body sweats, so does the scalp. This means that the scalp is damaged. Since the hair follicles are very weak and not fully settled at first, if the body gets tired, it can be damaged and ruptured.
• Psychological events that cause stress, panic, anxiety and irritation should be avoided. Our hair follicles are sensitive and our psychology directly affects our hair. The patient should refrain from sexual intercourse on the first night after the hair transplant operation. Since the body has just come out of an operation, intense and strenuous actions can damage the hair follicles.
• Alcohol should not be used as you will use antibiotics for the first 7 days after hair transplantation. Since it will directly enter the blood and react with the drugs you use, negative results may occur. These are simple but necessary precautions. The first night after the hair transplantation may be tension, numbness and pain. If you use the medicines your doctor has given you and follow the rules set by you, you can have a comfortable night.
• For the first three days, your lying position should be on your back. If the hair transplant is done on your crown area, you can support your nape area by rolling a towel. You can eliminate the friction of the hair transplanted to your crown area against the pillow. If you lie on your side for the first three days, there may be some swelling in your temple and forehead area. If you follow these rules, you can achieve healthy results.
What is the Healing Process After Hair Transplantation?
The most important time after the hair transplant operation is the healing process. In the DHI technique, recovery is fast after hair transplantation. Mild numbness and pain may be experienced for a few days after surgery. Most patients feel well within a day or two.
Dotted red marks can be seen on the lower part of the transplanted hair strands for about 7 - 10 days, and thin scabs may occur in these areas. Within 10 days, these thin crusts begin to decrease significantly. Mostly, the patient regains his normal appearance after 7 to 15 days. After this time, slight redness may be seen.
Will There Be Redness After Hair Transplantation?
In the area where the hair grafts are transplanted, slight redness may occur initially. Most of the time, it disappears spontaneously within 3 weeks. It may take up to 3 months for the redness caused by hair transplantation operations with excess grafts to disappear completely.
Such rashes in the donor area are not so pronounced, because the hair strands in this area allow the rashes to be hidden. As the hair grows, it continues to close rapidly.
Does Scabbing Occur On The Scalp After Hair Transplantation?
Do not expose the transplanted hair strands or the small point-shaped crusts formed on that part to any force (rubbing with a towel) for 10 days. Even if this part of the scalp is itchy, you should not touch any of the areas being treated. In addition, when all the small scabs are shed, rubbing the donor area with a towel helps to remove the inverted growing hair strands.
What is the Shock Shedding and Rebound Process?
Generally, shock loss starts within the first 3 weeks after the hair transplant operation. After the 3rd or 4th month, the shed grafts begin to grow again gradually. At the end of the 4th month of hair transplantation, the regrowth rate should be around 30%, and within the 6th month the regrowth rate should be around 60%. Results appear exactly 12 months after the hair transplant operation.
Pay Attention To Your Hospital Preference To Have Hair Transplantation
The most important detail is that hair transplant operations are performed by a doctor and an experienced healthcare team, who have received medical training and are specialized in hair transplantation.
When performed by the right specialists under the right conditions, hair transplantation is an operation that will provide the patient with a natural appearance and healthy hair.
Hair transplantation procedures should be done by specialist doctors in a hospital environment, using high quality and modern devices. In addition, it is important to be able to follow and apply the developing technologies and hair transplantation techniques in the world.
A person considering a hair transplant will first want to know how much their expectations will be met in order to understand the quality of the hospital.
Therefore, it will take as a reference the number of patients that the hair transplant clinic has treated and the satisfaction rate of hair transplantation.
There is no trust in hair transplant centers that try to convince by showing pictures before and after hair transplantation.
It will be better to see patients who have had hair transplantation directly. You should choose hospitals and clinics where you can find this opportunity.
It is expected that there will be experienced patient representatives who will provide interpretation and guidance support to patients from abroad. Thus, an effective communication is established between the patient and the healthcare team. It will be ensured that both the patient will have a good experience and the doctor will work efficiently.
Before the procedure, patients should be provided with professional support and consultancy. The patient should be fully informed about all the procedures to be performed and the treatments to be applied. This indicates that the clinic can establish a good dialogue with the patient and avoid a problem caused by misunderstanding.
The hair clinic should record all the information of the patient, such as the amount of hair transplanted, the areas to be transplanted, the patient's allergy status or drug use. It should protect personal information and record it in electronic patient registration and follow-up systems.
A physical examination is performed a few weeks before the hair transplant operation. Medical hair analysis and various tests are performed. The person is correctly diagnosed. Hair transplantation suitability is determined. It is very important to inform the patient that this situation is at risk.
The hair transplant center should regularly check the operation results of the patients. It should follow the healing process and establish long-term relationships. These are an indicator of respect for the patient.